A variety of subjects in the faculty expose students to contemporary issues on a local, national and global scale.
In Years 7 to 10, Geography is compulsory. In Year 9 and 10, Commerce is offered as an elective subject. Geography is also offered as an elective subject in Year 9 and 10.
In Years 11 and 12 (stage 6) the following subjects are offered:
Business Studies gives students an insight into the workings of businesses and their relevance and impact on our lives.
This course provides students with opportunities to learn about the challenges and issues in a contemporary Australian economic context.
Geography focuses on students’ engagement with the world, helping them develop the skills needed to explore geographical processes and to understand the issues facing our world today.
Students of legal studies learn about the rule of law, justice and the rights and responsibilities of citizens. Legal studies offers students an opportunity to learn about Australian and international law, the rule of law and how both the Australian and international legal systems work.
EXCURSIONS AND PROGRAMS
Years 7 & 8
· Year 7 Geography excursion to Sydney Olympic Park, where the students investigate the landscape and landforms of protected coastal wetland mangroves
· Year 8 Geography excursion, Water in the World at Warragamba Dam, one of the world’s largest domestic water supply dams, where students can see firsthand the effects of drought on Sydney’s water supply
Years 9 & 10
· Geography excursion to North Queensland, where the students travel to Cairns to explore various ecosystems, including the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef
· Commerce CBA Financial Literacy Program: StartSmart, whereby students engage in open discussion to gain a further insight into saving, budgeting and the world of work
Years 11 & 12
· Year 11 Legal Studies Supreme Court and District Court Visit, where students observe court proceedings to witness and comprehend the formal procedures and customs of the NSW Supreme and District Courts
· Year 11 & 12 Business Studies Excursion to IKEA, where students learn about the operations and marketing within the IKEA business